By combining elements like a logo, design, mission statement, and a constant theme throughout all marketing communications, branding aims to give customers a strong, favorable impression of a business, its goods or services. Building a loyal customer base and differentiating a company from its rivals are made easier by effective branding.
Customers expect consistent communication from you, so be sure to use email, your website, customer service, and all other channels of business communication. If you rebrand, you must update your styling online and offline as well as your logo. To ensure that your customers enjoy your omni-channel presence, make sure to build a consistent brand.
The positioning of your products and promotional items can affect how customers perceive your brand in-store, which makes branding there very different from branding there. Customers who shop in-person have a more immersive brand experience than those who do so online because they can move around and pick up items. Of course, some aspects of branding are the same in-store and online. These include logos and images that are recognizable.
The importance of branding
A distinctive brand can significantly affect your bottom line by giving you a competitive edge over your competitors and assisting you in acquiring and retaining customers at a significantly lower cost. An established brand can be an invaluable asset in bringing customers and generating profit in eCommerce, where new businesses (and therefore, new competitors), are popping up every day.
Your company still has a brand, whether you put time and effort into creating a memorable one or don’t give it a second thought at all. It might, however, be entirely different from how you had envisioned being perceived.
You have the chance to shape your customers’ expectations and forge a special bond that transcends the buying-selling relationship to shapely brand building through stories, relationships, marketing messages, and visual assets.
Marketing is tactical, while good branding is strategic. You can start developing a marketing strategy that is focused on achieving those goals once you’ve established the higher objectives and precisely stated your brand promise.
Branding in eCommerce: Its Importance
It takes careful planning and a calculated approach to successfully build a brand. To avoid trying to align your online store with customer expectations by working backwards, it is ideal to have your branding strategy in place before you launch your business. A powerful brand appeals to values that the target audience can easily relate to. A strong brand can act as a safety net to prevent a company from having to compete on price in an e-commerce store.
What steps should you take to create a brand for your online store? The crucial steps in eCommerce branding are as follows:
- Recognize your target audience. To communicate effectively, you must recognize the factors that affect your target audience and concentrate on utilizing them. What do they like? What inspires and draws them? What aspects of your brand do they enjoy?
- Establish the brand persona. A brand persona is the character of your company through which you will engage with customers. Your ability to learn more about your target audience will have a big impact on it. What tone of voice will suit this audience? Which language will have the biggest impact? What pictures will catch their interest.
- Clarify the promise of your brand. What is your firmest commitment to your customers? How will your goods and services improve their quality of life? How are you going to deliver this promise? Transparency is one of a brand’s most appealing qualities, according to 66% of consumers.
- Make your visual assets better. Since online shoppers cannot touch or feel the products they purchase, the visual experience is essential.The front-facing components of a brand’s visual assets include the website design, fonts and typography, color scheme, logo, and advertisement designs, as well as the packaging and unboxing experience you design. It’s a potent branding tool that performs at its best when each of the numerous moving parts is consistent and functions as a whole. According to research, having a distinctive signature color will increase brand recognition among consumers by 80%.
- improve the client experience. Even though you have little control over how your customers will ultimately perceive your brand, you should make every effort to ensure that every contact and interaction you have with them is consistent with your brand promise and adheres to your brand guidelines.
According to 69% of consumers, “knowing them” is the most crucial thing that brands can do to enhance their experience. This will cover everything, including your shipping and return policies, email marketing communications, and more.
- Keep in mind to give back. Saying “thank you” to your devoted customers can help to improve the perception of your brand. Offer occasional freebies, discounts, or special loyalty programs as a way to express your gratitude. It’s a surefire way to create enduring connections with your clients and humanize your company’s image.